When we hear the word 'Mindfulness' we might think of meditation or breathing exercises, but mindfulness is really just about grounding yourself in the moment. It's useful because it stops your thoughts and fears from running away with you.
Here are 5 everyday ways that you can practice mindfulness.
1. Listening to music. It doesn't matter if the music is happy or sad, what matters is that you are listening!
2. Exercising. You don't have to be super fit. In fact, the more out of breath you get, the more you focus on your body, which brings you back to the here and now.
3. Going for a walk. Feeling the wind in your hair and the cold air wakes up your senses, whatever the weather.
4. Painting and Drawing. Art isn't just for kids, pick up your own paintbrush. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, get lost in the act of drawing or painting.
5. Cooking and Baking. We all have to eat. When we cook and bake we experience lots of different smells and textures and if we are good at it, some lovely tastes too!
Mindfulness anchors us to our body through our 5 senses, sight, sound, touch, taste and smell and we use our senses for lots of different things every day. Get creative and think about what habits you could start to bring mindfulness into your life.